Facing a bolt from the blue? “Use your rock bottom to lift yourself up,” says confidence coach Ishita Gupta, founder of Fear.less magazine.
In this podcast, “Coping with Life’s Curveballs,” Ishita described her own path to entrepreneurship and how to overcome bumps in the road, whether personal or professional.
Among her tips:
1. Know that with change and challenges come uncertainty. Be prepared for it, and look at it as an opportunity.
2. Do what you have to do to get out of survival mode.
3. Stop framing “rock bottom” as so bad. Look beyond the fear to see your gold.
4. Make all of your feelings the same size; make your panic the same size as when you feel good.
5. Use your toolbox, whether that’s a strategic support network, books, mentors or self-care.
“The stories we tell ourselves are important,” says Gupta. “Don’t let mistakes define you.”