Get the absolute most out of your day by taking advantage of SIX new virtual networking opportunities for the 2020 (first-ever) Virtual Pennsylvania Conference for Women!
Peer Chat Groups
Share your experiences and best practices with your peers about some of the most important issues facing professional women in 2020. Groups have been carefully curated by topic allowing you to connect real-time with women who have similar interests and challenges. Offered inside the Cisco Networking Lounge throughout the day (and the week following) you can join one or several groups. Pop in and out as your schedule permits!
Career Skills – share your experiences & learn from others’ career successes
Eldercare – strategies during COVID for those caring for elders
Finance Hacks – budgeting & managing finances during the pandemic & beyond
Giving Back – volunteering & more ways to support your community
Job Search – tips for finding opportunities now (& share jobs you know about!)
Leadership – how to be an effective leader, climb the ladder & manage teams
Parenting – managing remote learning, screen-time, socializing & more
Self-Care – mental health, wellness & more
Serving on Boards – finding your seat in the corporate or non-profit boardroom
HOW TO JOIN:
- Visit the Cisco Networking Lounge ANYTIME on Conference Day
- Review the list of chat groups available
- Click on your chosen topic from the menu to gain access to the chats (you can move in and out of various chats throughout the day!)
Facilitated Networking Discussions
Join Pennsylvania Conference for Women board members for live, small-group discussions to power your personal and professional growth. These 45-minute discussions will take place in the Cisco Networking Lounge via video conference. Designed to encourage effective dialogue, participation is limited and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign up early to get in!
SIGN UPS BEGIN AT 8AM EST on Nov 11 (and space is limited!)
9:00 – 9:45 AM EST
Leading Through Change with Susan Anderson, board treasurer, PA Conference for Women
Serving Your Community with Suzanne Quigley, director, corporate responsibility, Qurate Retail Group and board director, PA Conference for Women
Serving on a Non-Profit Board with Leslie Stiles, board president, PA Conference for Women
Civic Engagement with Alison Young, managing partner, Red, White and Blue Strategies and board director, PA Conference for Women
Accelerating Your Career Growth with Funmi Williamson, chief customer officer, SVP customer operations, PECO and board director, PA Conference for Women
Starting a Women’s Network with Karen White, educational consultant and board secretary, PA Conference for Women
3:15 – 4:00 PM EST
Leading Through Change (Encore) with Susan Anderson, board treasurer, PA Conference for Women
Serving Your Community (Encore) with Suzanne Quigley, director, corporate responsibility, Qurate Retail Group and board director, PA Conference for Women
Serving on a Non-Profit Board (Encore) with Leslie Stiles, board president, PA Conference for Women
Civic Engagement (Encore) with Alison Young, managing partner, Red, White and Blue Strategies and board director, PA Conference for Women
4:15 – 5:00 PM EST
Accelerating Your Career Growth (Encore) with Funmi Williamson, chief customer officer, SVP customer operations, PECO and board director, PA Conference for Women
Starting a Women’s Network (Encore) with Karen White, educational consultant and board secretary, PA Conference for Women
Job Search Strategies with Joanne Ryder, board director, PA Conference for Women
Leading as an Ally with Lorina Marshall Blake, president, Independence Blue Cross Foundation and board director, PA Conference for Women
*topics subject to change
HOW TO JOIN:
- Ensure that you download the Webex app and have an account (free) to participate
- Visit the Networking Lounge beginning at 8 am EST on Conference Day to sign-up in advance of the session starting
- Once it’s time for your session, click on “Facilitated Networking Discussions” inside the Networking Lounge
- Find the link to the topic you signed up for and enter Webex to start your session!
Public Session Chats
Inside every breakout and keynote session is a chat box (to the right of the video player) where you can share ideas and excitement surrounding the sessions you attend. You can also submit questions for the speakers that they may answer LIVE following the session.
HOW TO CHAT:
- To chat pubically, simply add your comments and questions into the chat bar. (Breakout sessions can be accessed from the main lobby or lower navigation bar.)
- To submit questions to speakers, simply enter your questions in the “Ask the Speaker a Question” field!
Private 1:1 & Group Messaging
Seeking new connections and want to chat privately? Need a reserved place for your friends or colleagues to “meet up” and talk about what you’re seeing and hearing at the event? 1:1 messaging and group chats are available and easy to access throughout the virtual platform! This allows you to take the conversation beyond small talk and engage meaningfully.
HOW TO MESSAGE:
- Click on the chat icon in the bottom navigation bar on any screen inside the platform
- To chat with another attendee, search for them by name in the full attendee list and click the message icon
- To start a group chat, simply click “Add people to this chat.”
NOTE: Private messages are not saved in the platform. Please be sure that if you connect with someone you would like to reach later, that you save their contact information separately.
Exhibitor Office Hours
Meet one-on-one with executives from companies that support women’s advancement. Exhibitors will be available throughout the virtual exhibit hall to chat live and answer your questions. Have your resume ready because many companies are actively recruiting. You can also “swipe” your virtual badge inside various booths to automatically share your contact info with exhibitors or enter contests.
Nov 11 @ 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
HOW TO CONNECT WITH AN EXHIBITOR:
- Navigate to the exhibitor booth that interests you by going to “Exhibit Hall.”
- Choose “Pavilion,” then select the booth of your choice.
- Inside the booth, click “Chat.”
- You can also connect directly with a representative by clicking on their Door Card in the top right corner of your screen inside the booth.
The PennWomen App is a great resource for connecting to other attendees during the conference, and throughout the year. Chat on the Social Wall, search attendees, and DM in “My CFW” tab. You can also engage with session walls to share and interact with others on specific sessions. Also, be sure to check out the app’s new SMART MATCHES feature – where you can fill out your profile to be matched with other attendees for more meaningful networking.
The PennWomen App is brought to you by Cisco.
NOTE: THE APP DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY CONNECTION TO THE VIRTUAL PLATFORM OR CONTENT.
Special thanks to our official networking partner